We are back with another episode with Dr. Carloyn Ledowsky to continue our conversation about MTFHR, and more specifically, folate and folic acid. What exactly are folate and folic acid? What’s the difference between the two? Why is this all so important? Uncover the answers to these burning questions by tuning in to this episode! Learn more of Dr. Ledowsky’s valuable tips and advice on what to look out for when you’re eating, cooking, or grocery shopping for a healthier, happier you.
KEY POINTS / MAIN TAKEAWAYS:
- The types of folic acid we find in different foods.
- How you’re shutting your folate pathways and how to open them back up!
- The negative effects of unmetabolized folic acid on the body.
- The positive effects of natural folates on the body.
- How to avoid folic acid in your diet and supplements.
- The importance of knowing what you’re eating, and how to do it.
- Why it’s okay to question your doctor.
“I just think people have to be way more sure of themselves. And if something doesn't feel right, they have to say, "no, I want to go and get another answer." "
“If you do the same thing all the time and expect a different outcome, that's not a very sensible thing to do. If you want a different outcome to what you've got, you have to change something.”
PRODUCTS / RESOURCES MENTIONED:
Ask Dr. Ledowsky questions or book an appointment with her via her website at https://mthfrsupport.com
Visit the MTFHR Support Global Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/mthfrsupportglobal
Follow Wendy on social media and share the love!
Join our private Facebook group "My Second Wind" to connect with other inspiring women who have found their second wind! Visit here: www.facebook.com/groups/698786310776213
Second Wind Podcast is edited by Instapodcasts (visit at www.instapodcasts.com)